Deputy Head Teacher (SEND)
Posted 1 month ago
Deputy Head Teacher
Salary/Rate £1 - £45900/annum Based on experience + car allowance
Location: Ludlow with the flexibility to work from other locations
40 Hours per week over a 52 week period.
You will be an outstanding teacher who has a genuine passion and working knowledge of helping children with an ASD diagnosis. As importantly you will be someone who is resilient, innovative and has the type of enthusiasm that is infectious and has the ability to build an outstanding team of expert teachers.
Ideally you will have a background in teaching Information Technology as a core subject up to and including GCSE levels and you won’t be afraid of playing an active role within our timetable.
As the Deputy Head Teacher you will also hold the responsibility of being our Designated Safeguarding Lead and will form part of organisation’s formal safeguarding team.
To apply for the role you will need
• To be a qualified teacher and have the ability to teach a core subject up to GCSE level
• Have substantial experience of working with Children & Young people with an ASD diagnosis
• Have experience of working at a strategic level within an educational setting
• Have the ability to role model behaviours and motivate a varied team in order to achieve outstanding results
• The opportunity to be part of one of the top 50 fastest growing organisations in Shropshire
• Development opportunities
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days annual leave, plus bank holiday
• Pension scheme
• Life insurance after 12 months service
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
At The School we will be providing specialist residential and educational placements to children and young people between 10-18 who has an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) diagnosis, and we are looking for Deputy Head Teacher who has significant experience of working with autism and understands the challenges and barriers that our children will face within an educational setting, and has the ability to guide our teachers in identifying teaching methods that enable our pupils to achieve sustained progress.
THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
Successful applicants will be required to hold an enhanced plus barred DBS check (which we will pay for), along with the requirement to provide full and satisfactory employment references and right to work evidence. Please note that having a positive DBS may not automatically bar you from working with us but a comprehensive risk assessment will be conducted prior to a suitability decision being made.
The organisation is proud to be an equal opportunities employer!