Get in touch
We are currently working for an outstanding school who are looking for an enthusiastic Teacher of Economics to join their school. Your duties and responsibilities will include the following:
● Teach A Level Economics
● Maximum 8 lessons
● Attend school assemblies.
● Attend Parents evenings when required.
● Attend any other meeting or post 6pm commitment that is directly linked with the subject – e.g. options evening etc.
● Attend Speech Day
● Attend Staff development
● Be responsible for setting prep and the development of teaching materials
● Be accountable for the attainment, progress and outcomes of the pupils taught
● Be aware of pupils’ capabilities, their prior knowledge and use this to plan accordingly
● Set and record learning targets and monitor learners progress and levels of attainment
● Writing reports and attending parents evenings and other school events.
● Give pupils regular feedback, both orally and through accurate marking, and encourage pupils to respond to feedback, reflect on progress, their emerging needs and to take a responsible and conscientious attitude to their work.
• Have sympathy with and commitment to supporting the Adcote Mission Statement.
• Have the ability to work in a team.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills.
• Be committed to high standards with high expectations and positive attitudes to both.
• Good working relationships with both staff and parents.
• Have strong ICT skills to assist in the planning for and the delivery of your lessons.
• An understanding of working with pupils and recognition of their individual needs.
• A desire to attend relevant courses to promote professional development.
• Experience of working in the independent sector would be an advantage, but is not a requirement
● Have a good knowledge and understanding of the principles and practice of education.
● Be able to demonstrate that they can accept responsibility and show initiative in meeting the school’s needs.
● Have potential for leadership and sustain their own motivation and that of other staff.
● Have a sense of humour and the ability, energy and perseverance to cope with the demands of the role.
Team Work and Collaboration
● Attend staff meetings and briefings
● Carry out supervision duties as appropriate
● Communicate with other staff with regard to pupils’ achievement and well-being, using school systems as appropriate
● Show a commitment to good attendance and excellent punctuality
Health & safety
● To comply with all health and safety procedures as required by the School.
● All staff share the responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and must adhere to, and comply with, the School’s Child Protection Policy.
Tara Professional Recruitment Ltd | Claremont House | Claremont Bank | Shrewsbury | SY1 1RW | T: 01743 236 922 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website Design by Giant Creative